In Quebec and in First Nation communities, the production of residual materials is still increasing, generating major economic and environmental challenges. Residual Materials Management is a growing field of work and has, on reserves, specific issues to address. The FNQLSDI provides First Nations with tools to help them face those challenges and develop their own innovative solutions.
By sensitizing us to the problematic of over-consumption and residual materials (i.e. wastes), this guide hopes to achieve the following three objectives and :
- Reducing individual and collective waste production (and the waste of resources);
- Efficiently managing the waste that is produced;
- Minimizing, thus, the risk of environmental contamination.
The guide is available here.
- First Nations of Quebec Waste Management Symposium – January 23 and 24, 2018
Some of our achievements include:
- Information sheet on Waste Management terms, acronyms and programs
- Developing a comprehensive regional portrait of residual materials management in First Nations in Quebec
- Publishing a gap analysis for residual materials management in Quebec versus in First Nation communities