The FNQLSDI and the First Nations of Quebec and Labrador Economic Development Commission (FNQLEDC), in collaboration with Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) held an afternoon conference, followed by a networking 5@7, to discuss what to do and not do to succeed with forestry projects.
Experienced speakers in four forest themes presented the challenges associated with these projects. The networking 5@7 allowed participants to discuss with several forest stakeholders.
The themes covered were the following: non-timber forest product (NTFP), sugar bush, bioenergy/biomass, silvicultural work.
The presentations are only available in French version. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- NTFP development; the knowledge and skills to look for (Filière mycologique de la Mauricie)
- From pickers training, through processing and to the sale of products (Mycosylva)
- Support offered by the MAPAQ (Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation du Québec)
- From the syrup production, through the quality, to the products marketing (Producteurs et productrices acéricoles du Québec)
- Technological showcase on biomass (BioChar Boréalis)
- Forest biomass (Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs)
- Silvicultural treatement and wood cutting experience (Coopérative de solidarité de Pikogan)
- Silvicultural treatement experience (Landes forestières Uapats)
- Management and award of execution contracts (Rexforêt)