The FNQLSDI is proud to present its fourth Symposium on First Nations Waste Management in Quebec and Labrador. This entirely online edition took place from November 23 to 26, 2020. It brought together a diversity of actors from 27 First Nations communities. They were able to attend conferences, workshops and networking sessions.
The event addressed themes such as community mobilization, operation of WM infrastructures, cost monitoring, financing and occupational health and safety
In addition, an interactive map identifying First Nations WM infrastructures was presented. This project follows up on the portraits done in 2016 and in 2019. The communities are invited to enhance the map by transmitting their data to the FNQLSDI.
Although the event was held online, people from the communities had the opportunity to present how their facility works and to promote their successes.
- Event report
Novembre 23, 2020, presentations
- Waste Management Circuit Rider Training Program
- Presentation of the Interactive Map
- Presentation of the Nihtaauchin Chisasibi Center For Sustainability
Novembre 24, 2020 – Presentations
Novembre 25, 2020 – Presentations
- The risks of the garbage collector job
- Ekuanitshit community composting project
- Ecopatrol Panel
- Occupational health and safety in waste management
Novembre 26, 2020 – Presentations