The Changing Climate: Adaptation by First Nations in Quebec
On February 25th and 26th 2015, the FNQLSDI, in collaboration with l’Association Québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique (AQLPA), organized a forum on First Nations’ adaptation to climate change.
The main objective of the Forum was to create a meeting encouraging a dialogue and a search of adaptation solutions for climate change consequences, as well as encouraging future collaborations for the implementation of adaptation solutions. In total, the event welcomed 80 participants, one third of that were representatives of the First Nations (13 First Nations represented). Employees from many federal and provincial ministries, researchers, scientifics, representatives from non-profit organizations and private individuals were completing the audience.
The program included conferences, a round table, workshops and plenary sessions.
- Proceedings (including relevant references)
- Final Program
- Presentation: Mona Belleau, Shiffting Tides Tour Project
- Presentation: Caroline Larrivée, Ouranos
- Presentation: Sébastien Raymond, Université Laval (civil engineer and water engineer department)
- Presentation: Pierre Gosselin, Institut national de santé public du Québec
- Presentation: Ursule Boyer-Villemaire, Université du Québec à Rimouski