Application Deadline: March 19th 2023
Start Date: April 2023 (depending on the candidate’s availability)
End date of the internship: September 2023 (depending on the candidate’s availability)
Schedule: Maximum of 34 hours per week through telework (flexible schedule)
Starting Salary based on the salary scale in effect: $19.71/hour
The FNQLSDI has recently developed tools to assist First Nations communities in their waste management. A first tool is being developed in the form of a website allowing the collection and visualization of data related to composting.
Your mandate will be to develop a similar web tool for the management of an Ecocentre. Collaboration with the FNQLSDI waste management team will be required in order to properly identify the needs of the end users. The objectives of this new tool are :
- Ensure the collection and safeguarding of data related to Ecocentres
- Provide tools and support to Ecocentre operators through an interactive interface
- Enable the uploading of data collected offline via a template
- Produce and format reports using the information collected
- Analyze the Excel workbook currently used for Ecocenter management
- Plan the development of the web solution while respecting the schedule
- Propose an ergonomic web tool that meets the needs of end users
- Develop data display and export solutions for weekly or annual reports (PDF, Excel, Word, CSV)
- Ensure the storage of critical information in a MySQL database
- Allow the import and validation of data through the uploading of an offline CSV or XML file
- Document and comment on your work to ensure the sustainability of the developed technological solution
Do you have the profile?
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative
- Be comfortable working as part of a team
- Be able to popularize technical terms and concepts for your colleagues
- Be open-minded and sensitive to the Fisrt Nations context
- Knowledge of the framework: React Native or React JS (considered an asset)
- Knowledge of JSON and/or XML textual notations standards (considered an asset)
- Work for First Nations
- Full time position with a flexible 34-hours schedule
- Friday afternoons off
- Remote work policy in place (100% telework, hybrid mode or 100% office) and offices are located in Wendake
- Annual vacation upon hiring and years of experience are recognized
- Federal and provincial general holidays as well as National Indigenous Peoples Day
- Sick leave and family leave upon hiring
- Work-life balance
Use the form below to send your resume with a cover letter to Mr. Alain Bédard before the application deadline.
Please note that, with equal competence, the FNQLSDI gives priority to Indigenous candidates. Only the candidates retained in pre-selection will be contacted.
The First Nations of Quebec and Labrador Sustainable Development Institute
Founded in 2000 by the AFNQL Chiefs, the mission of the First Nations of Quebec and Labrador Sustainable Development Institute (FNQLSDI) is to offer First Nations a dynamic crossroads of services in support of their efforts to ensure the health of their territory and its resources, the recognition of their rights and the development of sustainable communities.
Please apply using the form below to apply