From July 9 to 11, 2019, the FNQLSDI held a Workshop on Renewable Energy Production in Gaspé. This workshop was organized in partnership with Nergica and the community of Gespeg.
The aims was to provide communities with tools to facilitate the development of renewable energy projects by addressing some common issues. Participants had the opportunity to attend Presentations on community successes, conferences and discussion workshops. In addition, they carried out a field visit of Nergica’s microgrid.
The major themes that were addressed are as follows:
- Solar energy 101
- Project management and community involvement
- Funding programs
An afternoon field visit has been organized to give participants the opportunity to visit Nergica’s microgrid site with solar and wind technologies.
Presentations and Conferences from July 9, 2019
- Presentation of the FNQLSDI – Circuit Rider (FNQLSDI)
- Training on solar energy 101, part one (FNQLSDI)
- Training on solar energy 101, part two (FNQLSDI)
- Solar energy 101 ‐ Important notes (document created by FNQLSDI)
- Presentation of Gespeg’s sugar bush project (Micmac Nation of Gespeg). Only in French
- Presentation of federal funding programs (Natural Resources Canada)
Presentations and Conferences from July 10, 2019
- Introduction to micro-grids (Nergica)
- Energy storage system (Nergica)
- Presentation of the Mesgi’g Ugjus’n project (Mi’gmawei Mawiomi Business Corporation)
Presentations and Conferences from July 11, 2019
- Renewable energy – How to develop an analytical framework (Industrial Chair TERRE)
- Photovoltaic Systems : A Buyer’s Guide (document created by Natural Resources Canada)