On February 19 and 20, 2019, the FNQLSDI will organize a workshop in Quebec on Impact Benefit Agreements (IBAs). The main objective is to promote exchanges between First Nations members interested in the negotiation of impact and benefit agreements.
Thematic panels will be proposed and will include the following topics:
- Financial participation and compensation
- Jobs and training
- Economic development and business opportunities
The topics covered in the workshops will be useful for agreements with the mining industry, the forestry and energy sector for all First Nations.
- Theme 1: Contribution and role of the CCQ in project construction and training of workers (Commission de la construction du Québec). Only in French
- Theme 1 : Chapters on training, jobs and opportunities in IBA (Richter Groupe Conseil)
- Theme 2 : Sharing of economic benefits and compensation for land use (Richter Groupe Conseil)
- Theme 3 : Modèle d’ERA dans le secteur forestier (IDDPNQL). Only in French
- Theme 4 : Dos and don’ts of memorandum of understanding (Kendall, Carot)
- Theme 4 : Negotiating exploration agreements (Cree Exploration Board)