The FNQLSDI held a workshop for preparing First Nations to consultations processes on September 20, 2016.
The purpose of this workshop was to present participation activities, which will be organized by the FNQLSDI as part of the federal and provincial consultations processes to be submitted in the coming year, to the First Nations’ experts in charge of responding to the consultations related to territory and natural resources.
Initial information and technical challenges associated with some consultations (including those tied to the review of federal environmental and regulatory processes and to the Bill on the Quebec Environment Quality Act modernization) were presented by provincial and federal representatives.
This meeting also gave the participants the opportunity for a dialogue on the FNQLSDI role regarding consultations and ways to optimize First Nations networking.
- Christopher Piercey (Natural Resources Canada) presentation on the National Energy Board
- Seng Kruy (Transport Canada) presentation on the Navigation Protection Act
- Alain Guitard (Fisheries and Oceans Canada) presentation on the Fisheries Act
- Yves Rochon (MDDELCC) presentation on the Environment Quality Act
- Dominique Lagueux (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency) presentation on the CEAA 2012
- FNQLSDI overview on upcoming consultations
- FNQLSDI exchanges between First Nations
- FNQLSDI presentation on the Federal review of environmental and regulatory processes
- Workshop agenda